Frequently Asked Questions
Can I currently fly to Gainesville?
Before you book your ticket, take a look at ourCovid-19 Travel Advisor. On this page you will find everything you need to know about current travel advice, quarantine regulations and other useful information for your flight to Gainesville.
If I am unable to travel due to COVID-19, can I rebook or cancel?
Most airlines will accommodate changes due to COVID-19. To be on the safe side, read the terms and conditions of your chosen supplier before booking. You can also navigate to ourCustomer Service Portalfor lots of useful information.
Which airlines fly to Gainesville?
Find a flight that suits you between the 2 airlines that fly into Gainesville Regional Airport (GNV). Book your ticket early and secure an impressive deal with one of these leading airlines:
- American Airlines - 83 flights to Gainesville per month
- Delta - 72 flights to Gainesville per month
What is the best airport to fly to Gainesville?
Gainesville Regional Airport (GNV). It is the city's main terminal and is located approximately 4 miles northeast of the city center. You'll drop off your belongings and explore the best of Gainesville shortly after landing.
How much does a flight to Gainesville cost?
Round-trip fares to Gainesville ranged from $485 to $1,294 last week. If you were flying from Frankfurt (FRA) one way you could have increased fares from as little as $436.
How do I book the cheapest flight to Gainesville?
Orbitz lets you discover some of the most competitive flight deals across a variety of airlines. But if you want to increase your chances of getting cheap flights to Gainesville, here are some tips to try:
- Consider flying out or arriving from nearby airports to reduce costs. Enter your preferred departure and arrival locations in the form fields, then select the Nearby Airports feature below. It lists your options, if any.
- If your travel plans aren't set in stone, click the View Flexible Dates link to compare flight deals for different departure dates. If you find a better rate, book it.
- Select "Show Options" to refine your search results. Here you can select your preferred seat class and airline. Under "Sort and Filter" on the left, you can even choose whether you want to fly in the morning, afternoon or evening.
- Book your fare once you've found your travel dates. Even if you get lucky from time to time, tickets rarely drop in price as the departure date approaches.
- Combine your flights, hotels and rental cars in one package and benefit from discounts. Save your money for things you really love, like exploring every corner of Gainesville.
- If possible, do not fly in the high season. By avoiding summer, school holidays and other popular dates, you can save big on your airfares.
How long does a flight to Gainesville take?
The destination you are departing from and whether you have a stopover will help determine your flight time. However, these main routes to Gainesville will give you an idea:
- Atlanta, GA (ATL-Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Intl.) to Gainesville Regional Airport (GNV): 1 hour 16 minutes
- Charlotte, NC (CLT-Charlotte-Douglas Intl.) to Gainesville Regional Airport (GNV): 1 hour 34 minutes
- Dallas, Texas (DFW-Dallas-Fort Worth Intl.) to Gainesville Regional Airport (GNV): 2 hours and 19 minutes
When is the best time to book a flight to Gainesville?
Reserve your seats for Gainesville in January. This is the best time of year for low fares, closely followed by February and August. Get cheap flights and enjoy the vacation of your dreams with Orbitz.
What is the cheapest day of the week to fly to Gainesville?
Make your reservation on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Saturday. These are generally the cheapest days of the week to purchase Gainesville seats. The getaway of your dreams starts with an incredible flight deal!
What is the cheapest day of the week to fly to Gainesville?
Based on Orbitz data for 2020, start your vacation on a Monday to get cheap flights to Gainesville. Cheapest the next day? Tuesday. Saturday is the most expensive. So consider leaving early in the week if you want to get a great price without paying premium prices.
In which month are flights to Gainesville cheapest?
According to Orbitz, it should fly in August. This is generally the best month to land cheap flights to Gainesville. Remember that the most expensive time to go out is in June.
Which airlines allow free cancellation?
When searching for flights on Orbitz, select "Filter by flexible change policy." This filter quickly finds all airlines that offer free cancellation within 24 hours of booking and no rebooking fees. That means you can relax because if things change unexpectedly, your flight may change too.
What do I need to fly to Gainesville?
There's nothing quite like flying to a cool new place, but it pays to be prepared. These top tips will help you get your trip off to a good start:
- Your travel documents are the most important things to have with you on your flight. To avoid confusion at check-in, please make sure the information on your ticket matches that on your government issued ID.
- Make the time go by even faster on your short hop by packing the right gear. Think tasty snacks, a bottle of water and entertainment. If you want your trip to Gainesville to be nice and peaceful, pack some noise-cancelling headphones or earplugs in your bag, too.
- Even if you fly in midsummer, take a warm t-shirt or scarf on board. The cabins can get really cold.
How many non-stop flights are there to Gainesville?
Many visitors travel to Gainesville on the 26 non-stop flights that land here each month. See what deals are available on American Airlines direct tickets.
How do I get cheap first class/business fares to Gainesville?
Experienced travelers have a knack for finding first or business class flights to Gainesville without paying a hefty price. You can do the same with these helpful tips:
- Being flexible is not limited to yoga. Take some time to change your travel dates so you can get cheaper airfares when a great deal comes along.
- Many budget airlines offer premium business class seats at a reasonable price.
- Bid for an upgrade in online auctions or upgrade your ticket through your loyalty program.
How to get to Gainesville from the airport
organize aCar Hire at Gainesville Regional Airport (GNV)at Gainesville Regional Airport (GNV) with one of two accredited local suppliers, Budget or National Car Rental. Downtown Gainesville is approximately 4 miles southwest of GNV. After leaving the track, take your ride and drive there in comfort. Taxis and public transportation are two other ways to get around downtown. Spend a day or two soaking up the atmosphere of Gainesville on foot, then venture out with one of our excursions to see more of the areaCar hire in Gainesvilleconveniently located in the city center.
When is the best time to visit Gainesville?
You'll have a great time any time of year you decide to visit Gainesville, but these are the busiest months. Want to round out your itinerary with warm-weather activities? Plan your getaway around June 20th. Then summer begins in the northern hemisphere. Expect the mercury to be between 75 indef and 90 indef at this time of year.